Wednesday, March 3, 2010

long time

so it's been awhile since I've updated this.

the Olympics in Vancouver took up a lot of my free time over the past two weeks. the satellite dish wasn't on anything but the Olympics but that was nice. the coverage here was amazing, better than any of the stateside coverage I've ever seen. there were literally 3 or 4 channels that had 24 hour coverage.
for the most part i was impressed with the rest of the staff, there wasn't any trash talking or anything during most of the sports. hockey was another story but ya know. as much as i tried i still don't understand curling. i think everyone here tried to explain it to me but i just don't get it.

I'm still learning new things about muskoka woods here. just today i was walking into the music hall so i can sit in the staff lounge and update this and i realized that under the 2 inches of solid ice there's brick in front of the building. who knew? i was driving up to roller skating the other week and i found out that there's a helipad here! yes friends there's a helipad here at muskoka woods. altho i suppose that when your cheapest one week program STARTS at 899 [and no i didn't forget the decimal point] you have kids who can afford a helicopter ride to camp.

we've pretty much wrapped up the school groups for the winter season. most of the groups now will be here during the weekends which can be nice.
this week the Ontario winter games are coming to the muskoka region. these games are for athletes who are working towards the olympics or international competition. winners here will advance to the canada games and then possibly the canadian olympic team or canadian national team. some of the best young athletes [i'm tols ages 9-17] in the country will be here. the games will be held in different places around the region but muskoka woods will be hosting the gymnastics events [including trampoline and power tumbling] and housing about half of the athletes and we've got capacity for like 600 or 700 people. the athletes arrive tomorrow and will be staying through saturday or sunday.

next weekend a friend is coming to visit and I'm excited to see someone from home. being here has put into perspective things in my life that need to take more precedence. I've always made my friends and family one of the topmost things in my life and i that will definitely continue but i also need to be closer to the people i love. as independent as i am i don't think I'm ready to move a few states away. I've done a lot of growing and healing while here but I'm not complete yet.

i miss everyone. I'll be home in less than a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment